United Methodist Women's Events
The Women's Mission Group of Cape May United Methodist: The women's group is reorganizing, but normally meets on the third Monday of the month for fellowship. Call the Church Office for Time and additional details. They are the driving force for many of our missions and outreach projects. Wherever exciting things are happening, you will find our women hard at work; here are a few examples:
- The Children's Mission Project: "Believe in Tomorrow Children's House at Johns Hopkins hospital.
- The Camden Neighborhood Center - "A Day at the Beach" for Inner-city Kids.
- Lillian Beck walking to find a cure for Diabetes.
- Women's Tuesday Bible Study and Fellowship.
- Family Promise of Cape May County.
- Winter soup sale
- Collecting "things" like aluminum tabs, used postage stamps, that can be recycled for mission projects.
- Local Food Closet urgent needs.
- Ginny's Pennies: Ginny Stiffler started this ministry when she was in her 90's. Even though Ginny is now at home with the Lord, her ministry continues. Gladys Mendo is now collecting small change donations to feed hungry families during the holidays.
- Hope Circle Jars are filled with inspirational quotes and verses to give to people who need a bright moment each day for a month. They have expanded this ministry to "Joke Jars" for those who enjoy starting their day with laughter!
- Vacation Bible School would not happen without the passion and dedication of our women.
- UMW Fall Fest in Rotary Park: Our United Methodist Women will again host their "Fall Fest in the Park on Saturday October 12th, 2019. They will set up vendor and refreshment tables in the gazebo and throughout the park. The park is located between Lafayette St. and the Washington Street Pedestrian Mall in beautiful Cape May.
These are just a few of the projects our women are involved in that reach out into our community and around the world. They are working hard to make disciples for Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.